Yep, in the middle of HK summer heat, my friend and I decided to try the so-called makeup trend of ABG (Asian Baby Girl) or IG baddie.
Spoiler: we failed. 😂
Before I start rambling about typical ABGs, let me drop my latest video of our attempt to become one.
Ok, disclaimer: this is not a tutorial video — it’s just us having fun, trying to figure out fake eyelashes, and saying random things.
(if you’re on YouTube pls give it a thumbs up & subscribe! 🙆♀️🥰 #shamelesspromotion lol)
Alright, so based on my quick skimming on some articles (before filming the video above), here are some tips to become an ABG:
1. BOLD MAKEUP. These ABGs know exactly they’re doing — eyebrows on fleek, winged eyeliners, volume eyelashes, fuller lips, and perfect contouring.
why we (kinda) failed: I mean… quite obvious that we didn’t really transform LOL it took us > 30 mins to put on fake eyelashes. Don’t even get me started on the eyeliner struggle. 😤🙄
2. FIERCE TATTOOS. Typically ABGs will wear tattoos all over their upper body – almost like their shoulders & arms are a blank canvas, that they need to paint with dragons, rose, even chinese hanzi.
why we (kinda) failed: we literally chose the smaller size tattoos (more like STICKERS hahahaha) because 1) they’re already expensive, 2) we’re corporate potatoes, we can’t really wear tattoos.
3. FASHION GAME STRONG. Not sure if it can be called fashion tbh: bralette, shorts, tank tops, bodycon dress, or t-shirt with adidas (or any brands) printed hugely.
why we (kinda) failed: Ok, don’t get me wrong. I do feel like I have my own taste when it comes to fashion – definitely not a bralette + shorts. But yeah for this video I tried my best to adjust (thanks to this basic tank top).
4. GOTTA LOVE BOBA. ABGs are easily spotted as they’re always holding a boba drink. One article even said, “love bubble tea more than life itself” LOL.
why we (kinda) failed: we didn’t, actually. This is probably the only thing that I can totally relate with ABGs. I mean, boba for life? Yes please. 🤪
5. JETSET LIFESTYLE. Stereo-typically, ABGs are always around nice cars, always go to the gym with full face makeup + gorgeous hair, and have a cute small dog. (Some articles mention ABGs also love to become a dog using snaphat filter🤣 i cannot)
why we (kinda) failed: ok, obviously I don’t own nice cars… I go to the gym because I paid already (it’s a lot of effort to show up, let alone with a nice makeup), and my hair is clearly damaged hahaha. But, I have my doggos (they’re big ones tho) and I used to like the doggo filter – now, not so much.
Ok that’s it for this post – I feel like I even wrote longer than I intended to. Also this topic is super random, I know.😂🤣
Stay tuned for another post this month (YES, you’re right – another post in the same month! That’s because I skipped June while my 2020 goal is to post every month🙃)